Sunday, 4 May 2014

Shush... _5

“Shush...“, he whispered in her ear and placed his hands on her shoulders. “Don‘t worry darling. I‘m sorry I spoke like that. It‘s just a bit difficult.“

He spun her around to face him and slowly started moving backwards towards the bed, pulling her with him. They sat. He tucked away a stray strand of hair behind her ear.
“My love, look at me.“

Her eyes, which had been squeezed shut, opened and she looked at the floor.

“Look at me darling. Please.“
He caught her chin and tipped her face slightly. Her bleak gaze fell on him reflecting a sense of impending doom and loss. His breath caught. Her eyes, glazed with unshed tears, hurt him and stirred a longing in him. “So beautiful...“, he crooned and gently kissed her.

She couldn‘t resist him but there was also no response of before. The fear stood before anything else. He kissed her some more as she lay lifeless like a ragdoll in his arms... An hour later, he lay asleep next to her, holding her close.

There had been no screams or hints of resistance but there had not been any real response also. The headache was too much. He just wanted to lie down and not be alone. To sleep with her, to lay a claim on her. He just wanted some peace.

She unobtrusively moved his arm off her and got up. Looking around, she cleaned up his kitchenette and generally tidied up the rest of the room. Should she get back into bed or leave? She didn‘t know. His last words before passing out was replaying in her mind over and over again.

“...My love... I would never force you into something you are not ready for. I won‘t take anything you are not willing to give. I just want to know if the... feelings I saw on your face the past few days were true. To know if you love me like I do you. I just want to keep you safe atleast... Trust me darling, I would never hurt you...“
Then he had sagged down on her, passing into quiet oblivion, leaving his coffee untouched on the counter. She then lay next to him for half an hour ensuring that he really was asleep. The whole time,she was wide awake from the strong coffee in her system.

Looking back at the sleeping form, her stomach clenched. She had been so afraid. She bent down on the floor, next to him on the bed and placed a soft kiss on his forehead. He stirred.

“Shush...“, she whispered and stroked his hair. He turned over and after a few seconds, was back to his vivid dreams.

She got up and washed her hands at the counter, her gaze on the sleeping form on the bed. She hesitated for a few more moments and then gently shutting the door behind her, she left.

___The End___