The Spook_
This is the moment. I can feel it. I‘m rising. Well more like... I‘m leaving the physical world though that sounds too voodoo and slightly cliché. I don‘t weigh anything. I‘m floating in a black space... and I want out. I want to see the first star.
*soft breeze whistling*
No. Ash, I should NOT see you first thing. No, no, no. Please don‘t cry. Please don‘t.
He is half-shouting, half-crying. “... I‘m no poet but baby, if you can hear me now, YOU WERE AND ARE AND WILL BE MY WHOLE WORLD. No one can replace you. It‘ll always be you. Oh god why... WHY?!!!!“
I hear you darling. I hear you loud and clear. I‘m just in front of you. My heart is breaking just like yours Ash. We‘re together but I don‘t know for how long.
Oh Ash. I love you so much. I wanted that life together too. A house by the sea and to walk together on the beach watching our child play in the sand. Time was so short. It was so unfair.
“I know he did it... He warned me... Oh God and there is nothing to prove anything against them... But he did it. I know he did it...“, his voice is a mere whisper. I hear you darling. Continue. Who did this?
A strange feeling of fury was rising in me, my black shadowy silhouette shimmered. I knew somehow that I had no face... that I was just a shadow. But one with a shape and desire. Like... a spook. Speak Ash, tell me. And they will pay for hurting you. For taking me away. For separating us. We never hurt a fly.
“Your brother...“, on his knees now. Baby I wish you could feel me against you, I wish... I wish you could feel my shadowy smoky arms around you, see me kneeling against you, holding you in my grey embrace... an embrace of love and warmth. Yet grey. The grey of death coats me Ash. I can‘t stop it. Speak love. It‘s ok. I‘m here. I feel you. I see you. I‘m here.
“... He said he‘ll remove anything that came in his path to the wealth. Oh Lord, please. She didn‘t want anything. WE didn‘t want anything. I shouldn‘t have let her tell him... that he is going to be an uncle, that we were getting married. I don‘t know what the will says but I‘m damn sure it never said to kill you and our unborn baby. Oh love...“, his sobs were quietening, his trembling reducing. Would anyone understand that these white wisps that rose from me were my tears? Because the sight of him too much. It is just too much...
And nothing will stop me from taking revenge. I will come back. There must be a way. Oh darling there HAS to be a way. We believed in the old ways. Find a gypsy Ash. You need to find a gypsy. They have their ways. They‘ll tell you how we can be together. But first... revenge. Sweet and cold.
He is so silent now. My light hands were around his neck. He is speaking again, “ I miss you so much. I swear I can feel you hugging me.“
Yes my sweet, I‘m holding you. My silhouette is turning a lighter shade of grey. Is it because of my ghost-tears? I don‘t know. My dear Ash, you need to leave sweetheart. Stand up. Go home. I‘m with you only. As always. I‘ll make a pitstop at my father‘s house and then find you. I promise.
I just need to find out why I died... I just need to.