Saturday, 10 May 2014

Spooks.1.

The Spook _

I can‘t move, breathe, speak or hear and it‘s so dark all the time. If I had known it would get this lonely, I would have preferred to be cremated instead. Falling out of grace with your family is a bad thing ethically, I knew. But nobody told me it was lethal too.

*tap* *tap*

“Uh...yes?“
Wow. My voice always was harsh but this was surreal. It was so...gruff and hoarse. Well I should be suprised something was working. I have been underground for a long time now, I think. It was like waking from sleep all of a sudden and finding a huge crushing weight on you, which you realise is NOT the fat, sweaty man who tried to mug you. Should I be relieved that it is just a pile of soil instead?

*tap* *tap* ... *tap* ... *tap* *tap*
“Hello? Anyone alive there?“
Ok. Now I just feel foolish.
“No sweetheart, I‘m dead. But while I‘m glad for your company, I hate to inform you that you are on top of me.“
“What?!“
“Yes sweetheart, my coffin is just below yours.“
“Ah. I see.“
“No I bet you don‘t. It‘s pretty dark.“
Wow. Sarcasm or being a smartass? I care for neither. Atleast I‘m not lonely.

“Yawn...You woke up pretty fast. Well you‘re lucky you got me to tell you why.“
“So I woke up for a reason?“
This was so cramped. There is absolutely no space to move. None.
“The usual baloney. You had anger to resolve before you died without a name.“
Woah. Wait. I can NOT be without a name. I‘m the daughter of Arthur William Mathew, who just happened to be one of the richest (and nicest) guys in the district. And everyone knows me. This is not happening.

“Ok. Listen, I understand you‘ve been in here for longer than me but even YOU would know Arthur William Mathew. He passed away recently... Well before I got here anyway. I‘m his daughter.“
“Look kid, you‘re dead and nameless for some reason because if you are who you say you are then...“
I snorted. “Of course I am, is there any reason for me to lie? I‘m dead already.“
“You‘ve got a point there sweetheart. Look I‘m breaking out of here. You‘re welcome to tag along.“

Break out?! I‘m dead. I can talk but I don‘t think I can say the same about my body. I felt displaced and dispositioned in various places. For the first time since... waking up(?!) I felt relieved it was dark and cramped.
“I don‘t understand“, I said cautiously.

*TAP*
“Of course, I‘m dealing with a novice here. Listen, your body will stay. Here. YOU, on the other hand, can try to leave. I don‘t know if you can on the same day as awakening but you can try. At some point you won‘t feel your body anymore. Then you‘ll literally make yourself sit up and walk out, cool as a cucumber.“

I was stuck with a lunatic brother when I was alive. Now I‘m stuck with a mad dead person. Figures.
“I don‘t understand.“
“Of course you don‘t. The second time is the last time you get to do that, be warned. The first time I doubt you‘ll get far but I have a score to finish. Haha. Bad movie dialogue-ish, but true.“
Um. Could this get any weirder? Hm. Could this be a bad dream?
“Hey kid, listen. I‘m leaving. Don‘t expect me back sweetheart. Good luck and I hope you‘re not in love. Haha. Because I would like to pick you up in the afterlife. Toodles!“
What! The cheek! “Jackass!“, I shouted only to be answered by fading laughter. Did I feel my body? Not really. Not like when the conversation started. I was feeling... lighter(?) by the second. May be it was possible to leave soon after “the awakening“. Let‘s see.