Ashler Germain (the terrified lover)_
Someone took a photo of me sleeping... and I live alone. And it‘s followed by her picture... starting to swell with our child. A picture that could have never existed if she wasn‘t alive.
Then... how? Sigh. I‘m in tears again. I can‘t stop listening to her favorite song. ‘Rewind‘ by The Rascal Flatts.
Put the moon back up in the sky/ Put a cork back into that sweet red wine/ Put your midnight hair back up/ So you can let it fall one more time/ Untouch your skin/ Unkiss your lips then kiss them again/ So good, so right/ This is one night I wish that I could rewind...
Those lyrics just strike at me now. Why. Why her. I loved her more than anything. We were a day away from marriage. She made me dream when I was awake. Now I can‘t sleep.
The days barely move. Falling back on the bed, I can‘t stop looking at her. She is here. I know. I‘ll meet her again. The picture was taken an hour ago. The photo of me sleeping a little before that.
Oh baby. You‘re so beautiful. I miss you. Come back. Show me that wishes come true.
The Spook_
Slowly... slowly. He can see me in photos. He can see me. He SEES me. He sees ME. HE sees me. Ash. My love.
I‘m going nowhere darling. I still sleep with you. Your wish came true maybe? I don‘t know. But will you come me?
“Will you come with me?“
Ashler Germain (the despairing lover)_
So beautiful ... “Will you come with me?“, that soft,husky whisper. That ... but... no, it CAN‘T be. I should say no. Whoever it is. Even if it is her. I can‘t just die. I have a family who depends on me, who loves me. I can‘t do it to them.
“Yes.“
What am I saying?
The Spook_
That‘s all I need. A soft whisper, so full of hope. I can‘t take your life. But I can come back into it. And that is what I‘ll do. I‘ll give a baby to you. A baby me.
I need you. I need your presence, your warmth and your care in real. I‘m coming back home. To you. Very, very soon.