Wednesday, 16 March 2016

The December of Lies

In December:
Where does your line begin and where does mine end?
Where do we stop merging and individually begin?
When did this start, the melange of the two?
Why did this start, One loving and being Two?

Where does your story begin and where is mine?
I thought we had the same love story, you and I,
I was broken beyond repair, you cured me like it was nothing,
You didn't need me at all, yet you need me without knowing how.

And then:
Why this imposition of love suddenly when it was all a free flow?
Why are we suddenly different and you're One, I'm Two?
Where did the wall come from, where did the melange stop?
Why this test of domination between equals, Two is lost and now less?

We used to shuttle back and forth, you and I.
We used to count all the stars in the sky.
Now we're counting the tears shed from our eyes,
Now we're counting the days back to the December of lies.