Mea culpa, mea maximus culpa.
My fault, my most grievous fault.
I swore not to hurt a soul.
A long, long time ago.
I swore to be clear, to explain.
A long, long time ago.
I made a lot of oaths,
Look where I am now - oath breaker.
I wanted to rise, to fly,
Now I'm like a dark cloud.
Et je pleut, je pleut, je pleut.
And I rain, I rain, I rain.
I can beg, plead for forgiveness
But hell doesn't care for it.
I can work and ruin myself till
Blood runs down my toes and nails
But hell doesn't care for it,
No one else does either.
I was in Paradise and wondering
Which was the Apple I shouldn't bite.
Mea culpa, I should not have eaten at all.
I was in Paradise and wondering
Who was the one I shouldn't listen to.
Mea culpa, I should not have listened at all.
I was in Paradise and wondering
What if I got thrown away for loving?
Mea culpa, I should not have thought at all.
I swore a long, long time ago
To not hurt a soul,
To give the love and attention
To everyone that I never found at all.
I swore a long, long time ago
To be clear and to explain,
Because my life is shared
And without them, there's no life at all.
I became an oath breaker
After I made a lot of oaths.
All these oaths were broken to myself
Even though it was not for me at all.
I became a dark cloud
When I wanted to rise and to fly,
I couldn't let go of my anger or sadness,
It weighed down on me like acid rain.
Et je pleut, all the anger away.
Je pleut, all the tears away.
Je pleut, all the sorrows of those loved.
Et je pleut, for you, for me, for everyone.
But I'm still raining for you, your tears.
Mea culpa, mea maximus culpa,
I can't stop your tears.