Tuesday, 8 March 2016

Not empty words

I would throw it all away,
Throw it all away for you.
No, these are not empty words.

I would throw it all away -
The house, the money,
The fast cars and luxury,
Maybe even electricity,
Maybe even...

I wish I could rewrite it all,
Rewrite it all for you.
No, these are not empty words.

I would rewrite it all -
Be born elsewhere, less rich.
Be someone else, more normal.
Be the same yet different,
Change it all for you.
Change into what you thought I was
Than remain what you discovered,
Unwillingly, I was. Unwillingly.

I would throw it all away,
Throw it all away for you.
No, these are,.

I would throw it all away -
My past, my curse, my pride,
Whatever I needed to hide...
But what if those were
The very things which helped me
Create the image that you fell for,
That you fell in love with?

No, these are not empty words.
I have so many words and
They all mean so much to me.
Especially these three :
You, us, trust.

No, these are not empty words.
A silenced one's words are loaded,
And when the darkness hears it,
She regrets the sense behind each
The sense behind each of those words.

No, these are not empty words,
At least not for me.