Wednesday, 2 March 2016

So then.

Call it a wonderful disaster.
A miraculous disease.
The smallest addiction.
The most relentless fatigue.
A furious calmness.
A depressing happiness.
Call it anything you want,
Baby, you know what you want.

You know that in the depth
Of this ditch where we build
Our castles of puffy clouds,
You know that in the height
Of this hill where we swim
In our sea and we prowl,
You know it everywhere
Even in this room,
Baby, you know what you want.

And you know I want it too.
You know to create this disaster,
You know to worsen this disease,
You know to feed the addiction,
You know to heighten the fatigue.
And I know to infuriate that calmness,
And I know to depress, repress the high,
I know to be the bottle to my alcoholic,
The one that you can't put down.

I know what you want baby,
And I know that you know it too.