Friday, 25 March 2016

Late apologies

I'm saying sorry for the last time,
I know I'm the one who walked away,
I'm the one who didn't love right
But now I'm saying sorry the last time.

What does it mean to love anyway?
Do you know it any better than I do?
Maybe you do because you stayed,
You stayed when I fought demons
That only I could see.
But when you left and that's when
I needed you the most, how can you say
That you know to love better than me?

Now I'm saying sorry for the last time,
I know I'm the one who walked away,
I'm the one who didn't love right
But now I'm saying sorry the last time.

I'm looking back at that girl I kissed
In 9th grade and I'm wondering now,
Did I leave her as harshly as you left me?
An abrupt drop to the ground
Would have been less painful maybe,
Just maybe, but that girl cried tears
And I still remember standing,
Hands in pockets, looking another way.

I'm saying sorry for the last time,
I know I'm the one who walked away,
I'm the one who didn't love right
But now I'm saying sorry the last time.

I'm thinking now about the girl, the girl.
The one I fell madly in love with,
The one I shared my entire life with,
The one who stayed when everyone walked away,
And the one who left when all was OK.
You were that one and I know you'll say
That I didn't love you right and I agree,
Maybe I didn't but who knows to love anyway?

Now I'm saying sorry for the last time,
I know I'm the one who walked away,
I'm the one who didn't love right
But now I'm saying sorry the last time.

I accept with all grace my dear.
You were wonderful and then you turned
Like it was the full moon after years
And you were a werewolf and couldn't really hold back
All that anger that you unleashed at me.
You dropped everything and said no more,
And I never really understood why, just like
The furious blue grass was sleeping.

I have made my apologies.
You still chose to walk away.
Maybe the mistake was mine
But whatever happened to second chances?
Where is the love when you can just
Forget and move on?
I apologised, I apologise.
But it's all too late now.
You're gone.

So now, I'm saying sorry for the last time -
I know I'm the one who walked away, sorry.
I'm the one who didn't love right, sorry.
Now I'm done saying sorry.