Friday, 21 September 2012

ANAMIKA - The Nameless One

There is no sense,
There is no rhythm,
And I don't know what to do.
Committed to one
And in love with another,
I don't know who to choose.
My commitment is strong,
My heart doesn't waver,
When it comes to duty I should.
But love for you
Has torn me asunder,
So tell me what to do.

Do I pick you?
And confuse my life
More than it already is?
Or do I choose myself?
And escape while I can
Before you clip my wings?
I have lost my heart,
I have lost my name,
I have nothing left.
What to do
And where to go?
How do I face myself?

This is my story
So I chose a name.
A name for myself
To be rendered again.
Nameless I have become,
Nameless I shall be -
No faces, no disguise
This is who I'll be.

'Anamika' I choose,
'The one without name' ;
I have nothing to lose
So now claim freedom again.