I thought of a leaf
Blowing through the wind
Refusing direction,
Choosing the path it's in,
I thought of it tearing,
Losing its charm
Being unhealthy
Like a sick green lout,
I thought of it drying,
Giving up itself
To the flow of the wind
That never lessens to help,
I thought of this leaf
Floating away -
Lost sense of direction,
Lost sense of its way,
I thought of it crying
While it crumpled into sand,
The wind was finally too strong
And it fell down to land.
Blowing through the wind
Refusing direction,
Choosing the path it's in,
I thought of it tearing,
Losing its charm
Being unhealthy
Like a sick green lout,
I thought of it drying,
Giving up itself
To the flow of the wind
That never lessens to help,
I thought of this leaf
Floating away -
Lost sense of direction,
Lost sense of its way,
I thought of it crying
While it crumpled into sand,
The wind was finally too strong
And it fell down to land.