My life's not my own,
I don't expect you to understand
Not when you see everything
Going just the way you pleased.
Call me stubborn,
Call me a fool,
I'll say I'm both
And then smile at you.
You have your flame
Call it your desire,
Same, I have mine -
An unbridled fire.
It dances across
Plains and hills,
Even in cold seas
It won't be stilled.
You had a choice
Not forced on you
And mine was last minute
And chosen by who?
Keeping up a facade,
It's hard my friend,
Well for me it is
For it's something new.
I want to end this charade
And let loose!
All my hopes and dreams -
For them to grow anew.
I don't expect you to understand
Though I did one time,
You broke me then friend
Now I don't want you to understand -
Why should it be?
I'll pull through it anyway,
Why can't I speculate?
If my dreams will have their way.
I'm sorry my friend,
I may be at fault.
But I thought I could cry
On your shoulder, that's all.
I don't expect you to understand
Not when you see everything
Going just the way you pleased.
Call me stubborn,
Call me a fool,
I'll say I'm both
And then smile at you.
You have your flame
Call it your desire,
Same, I have mine -
An unbridled fire.
It dances across
Plains and hills,
Even in cold seas
It won't be stilled.
You had a choice
Not forced on you
And mine was last minute
And chosen by who?
Keeping up a facade,
It's hard my friend,
Well for me it is
For it's something new.
I want to end this charade
And let loose!
All my hopes and dreams -
For them to grow anew.
I don't expect you to understand
Though I did one time,
You broke me then friend
Now I don't want you to understand -
Why should it be?
I'll pull through it anyway,
Why can't I speculate?
If my dreams will have their way.
I'm sorry my friend,
I may be at fault.
But I thought I could cry
On your shoulder, that's all.