Monday, 17 September 2012

Trust No Man


Give me your trust, said the king on the throne,
For I must bear the burden all alone.
I take the earth and support the sky,
So let me rule and I'll pass you by.

Because trust is the color of a dark seed growing.
Trust is the color of a heart's blood flowing,
Trust is the color of a soul's last breath.
Trust is the color of my own death.

Give me your trust, said the queen on her throne,
For I must bear the burden all alone.
Trust me to lead and to judge and to rule,
And no man will think you a fool.

But trust is the sound of the grave-dog's bark.
Trust is the sound of betrayal in the dark,
Trust is the sound of a soul's last breath.
Trust is the sound of my own death.

Give me your trust, said the parent to the child
For I must bear you and your life.
I give you everything and more
So give your trust, I'll ask no more.

Trust is the scene of young heart breaking.
Trust is the scene of ravens' croaking,
Trust is the scene of the soul's last breath.
Trust is the scene of my own death.


*Some of the lines have been taken from the book 'Lord Of Chaos' by Robert Jordan*