Is it now you realise
That even if dawn won't come to light
My window remains alight
Thinking you'll call my name tonight
Out in the shadows I creep
Wander under trees asleep
Carrying the smallest of lights
My eyes, they are my eyes.
I reach the water, I think
Of times I thought we linked
Wishing you'd come here and soon
I go back to my room
And so I find on my bed
A single rose, a single red
And one simple note that said
Three little words that meant
Almost everything to me.
That even if dawn won't come to light
My window remains alight
Thinking you'll call my name tonight
Out in the shadows I creep
Wander under trees asleep
Carrying the smallest of lights
My eyes, they are my eyes.
I reach the water, I think
Of times I thought we linked
Wishing you'd come here and soon
I go back to my room
And so I find on my bed
A single rose, a single red
And one simple note that said
Three little words that meant
Almost everything to me.