Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Last Time



This will be the last time
I can write my mind out
Wear my heart on my sleeve

This will be the last time
I cry my eyes out
And look back on time

This will be the last time
We will get together and play
Like six year olds under the sun

This will be the last time
We can indulge our fantasies
And recklessly go forth

This will be the last time
I say 'hello' with a 'goodbye' later
And wish it was not forever

This will be the last time
I say 'I'll miss you' and know
That I always will

This will be the last time
All my defenses will be down
And I'll let you get so close

This will be the last time
To our current life of best things
And the first time to the unknown

And for the first time I truly say
If we ever meet again
We will not be the same.