It begins with her.
Like always. It's all about her.
Her in her fantasy world.
She's the queen... No... Empress.
Empress Claire. Nice ring to it.
There's all the things she's ever wanted... Could ever WANT.
One simple magic word... Meld into the mirror... Her own fortress... Explored the whole thing. she did. But not ONCE, has she set foot outside it. Outside the safe fortress, she always enters via the mirror room, is the swirling blackness of the unknown. Maybe if she ventures out, it wouldn't be so bad. To check unsure grounds.
But for ALL her fantasies, her 'guts' in the cold reality, in here... Her mind... She's all... And a coward too! How? Such a free spirited kid. But there are things she IS afraid of too...
I guess there are things we're all afraid of. It maybe really silly stuff too. Like I jump, ie, startle really badly, at loud noises and at lizards. It's not like I'm frightened but hey! It irritates me enough to tense me. So secretly, yeah, maybe I am a bit afraid. It links to things which I really will get scared of... Like bomb explosions and giant crocodiles, maybe?
Being afraid is a psychological defense mechanism. Same way is being brash and outspoken. So many things to hide. A mask we put on every morning and go to work, or college, or school, or wherever. Do we ever take it off? There are some.. A minority.. Who ARE what they are. And proud of it.
Are you one among them? Many will criticize you, many will like you and there will be a LOT of those who trust you as YOU whether they like you or not.
And right now, it's a dog-eat-dog world out there... So i think it's a better compliment to be trusted than to loved. Well... maybe it is.
Back to Claire. She always escaped to her fantasy world to get a reprieve from reality as we all know. Her friends complained (naturally) after a while, that she seemed lost elsewhere. And she was too.
Curiosity was eating at her. What lay beyond her impenetrable fortress? What did the swirling blackness hold?
She stepped outside during one fateful visit. Guess she should have paid a little more attention to where she was stepping. 'Cause she fell and fell. No end to it. She kept falling. Falling... And falling.
I opened my eyes and saw the white ceiling fan. Ok. Weird. I was giving a lecture to myself in my SLEEP? How much boring can this be? But two things that are really staying with me... Some food for MY thought anyway. I am proud of myself, but is it that I am understanding and accepting myself enough to say, "I am who I am and I will be who I want to be"? What about those around me? Now fully awake, it seems impractical to always be natural or to always have a mask.
But I do think about 'MOST' of the time if not 'ALL' the time.
And I hope it's Most for the lot of us.