Saturday, 16 June 2012

Ermm... Wonder What This Is...


*Part One*

You know, it's funny. Because up until now, I never thought I'd be the one to get a happy story.It's not yet the happy ending cause I don't count the end till I die and then I won't get to write this. Now back to the point. 

I played around with life. A lot. I expected that one day, far (faaaaaaaaar) away in the future, that I'd get serious and  eventually (sigh) buckle down with someone. Maybe not the whole "true love" and "romance" (like Twilight - the book/movie) because I couldn't really bear it except in (preferably) small doses in movies and books, but just a great friendship. Live with my best friend, have a good career, stay at a place I love to be. Make a home. 
Point to note : I expected this to be far (faaaaaaaaar) away in the future.
So now, without much ado, I get to the point. I got it. And this is the story of how our little friendship turned to more -than -just -that -but -still -that situation it is now.

We've known that the other person existed since... 4th grade? Saw each other here and there but never bothered. Went on like that for 8 more years I guess. Sometimes wondering if one should befriend the other when randomly seeing each other in shared classes or corridors or somewhere. Finally, up comes the last year of school and a situation we are FORCED to take notice and say something.
After my first, "Um. Hi. Yeah I know you. Charles? No? Then... Oh wait, it's Charlie. Yeah I remember. I think we spoke to share language notes in 5th grade. So what now?"... It was all argue, debate, quarrel, discuss, quarrel, debate, argue.

They say "quarrels bring people closer" and I guess that's what happened. Now the story MIGHT get a little sappy, but I swear on all the things I hold sacred, this is true.
One day, we got to talking on the phone about something or the other. Well one thing led to another and we both went up in smoke, ie blew up at each other. It got really bad. So bad we couldn't bear to talk to the other person and hung up.
One day gone. Saw each other at school, gave a cursory smile and passed by.
That night.
Tried calling but line was busy. Damn but I guess that happens. Next day = Holiday.

I'm a late sleeper so waking up to a ringing phone is NOT exactly my idea of starting the weekend. But still.

"Were you sleeping?"
Oh It's him. Charlie. You KNOW I was so WHY ASK???

"Yes" (Groan)
"Sorry. I tried to call you last night and your line was busy. I needed to talk to you"
!!! Could it be he was trying to call me too? Na... Too much coincidence. Whatever.

"I wanted to know if you were serious about the never want to speak to you again, you are such a chauvinist bit. So were you?"
Aww...  How sweet. He was always such a nice guy. But still a chauvinist.

"No and yes"
"What?!"
"No cause I'm speaking to you now and I'm sorry for blowing up like that"
"!? Then what is yes for?"
"Yes you ARE a male chauvinist"
"Haha... Guess I deserve that"
"Yes you do"
"Hey!"
"I'm just being honest"
"Oh yeah. Love that. You know, I love you"
Oh. He loves me... Wait. WHAT???

"Huh. So what's your plan for today?"
Wow. What an INTELLIGENT response.

"Ask you if you will be my girlfriend"
Oh damn. So not ready for this.

"Not a great plan"
"Why?"
"Because it isn't"
"WHY?"
"I told you"
"Don't you love me?"
Um. Damn you to hell. Charlie, you're putting me in an awkward spot here.

"Can we discuss this after I'm fully awake cause I think I'm in the middle of some silly dream"
"Haha... Sure."
Click.

We fight like cat and dog. Almost everyday since the first "hi". And am I to perceive that he fell in love with me somewhere in between? I admit I love the guy, I love our FRIENDSHIP and I do NOT think I'm ready for a relationship.
So LATER that day.
"Hello?"
"Hey, it's me."
"Yeah. I know. Sheesh."
"So?"
"So? So what?"

............................................................................................................................

MAY BE CONTINUED

P.S. All characters and this whole story is purely fictional in case anybody gets any ideas.. :P