I almost called you yesterday, but you called me instead.
I almost asked you to stay, then you asked me not to leave.
I almost shouted at the profanity
Of what our love has become,
Yet you still call it sacred
And think it will solve all your problems.
That I will solve all your problems.
I almost did.
I almost also walked away,
I almost also thought of myself before you,
I almost gave myself priority,
I almost asked you to leave
Because me loving you does NOT,
It does not let you decide how I love;
And now I am too scared to ask you to leave.
Because if I do, I don't know how you will be.
Fine or even better I suppose.
I want you to be free of me,
This crippling clutch, your magic genie.
But please choose to let this genie go,
Before she crumbles in this loneliness that you call love.