Saturday, 30 September 2017

Leave

I wonder why you came -
Created a fairytale,
Spun stories out of thin air,
Made me believe in fantasies
I know cannot be true.
I wonder why you came -
My mind is a terrible place,
You're looking to get hurt,
I'm the last one to stop you,
So think, and think again.
I wonder why you came -
Don't kiss me like there is an end,
Don't touch me like you want me,
Don't caress me like you mean it,
When I know you will also leave.
I wonder why you came -
I trust you to leave,
I am not looking for promises to stay,
I'm not looking for anything,
Just maybe a body to keep me warm at nights,
Someone to hold me tight,
Someone who'll come after me
When they know things are not right
I wonder why you came -
What do I have that you want,
I wonder why you came,
Is it just to go away?
I wonder why you came -
Please stay away, loving is a dangerous game,
Please leave before I go insane,
Please don't touch my pieces just to bleed,
I wonder why you came,
When I never asked you to stay.