Sunday, 17 September 2017

Forbidden fruit.

Untouchable because of perfection,
Unbreakable because of exterior,
No blemishes, no spots, flawless,
The forbidden fruit, a perfect sphere.
I wish it were so easy,
To dismiss it from my mind
But what I can't have attracts me
Beyond any sense or rhyme.

Touched it once, exalted in the sense,
Smelt and lived it,
Felt like glory days again.
I took one bite and I knew I was gone.
Poison, only poison running through my heart,
Blood transforming to black rot,
Oh, I got all the knowledge I felt I lacked,
Only my body has become stone,
My heart has gone cold,
All my senses have gone numb.

Then you approached me, a blessed one,
Someone who has been able to ignore its presence,
Someone able to live in bliss,
That one who told me not to touch,
Without ever knowing why not to feel,
I wish it were so easy,
To dismiss it from my mind
But what I can't have attracts me
Beyond any sense or rhyme.

And now you've seen me do the unspeakable,
You're watching me turn to stone and sand,
You still offer a loving but doubtful hand.
Seeing you, the guilt hangs over me
It stabs me one grain at a time,
I think you love me but I no longer can, I'm
Untouchable because of perfection,
Unbreakable because of exterior,
No blemishes, no spots, flawless,
Like the forbidden fruit,
Rotten black inside.