Sunday, 21 July 2013

Happily Ever After II

#Part 2

..."Oh? It's MY story. I make it and end it as I please."
"No way. I'm continuing it."
"Oh really?" 
"Yup. Will do."
"Let's see it then."

"Oook. So let's rewind and restart... And give proper names first of all. Me can be... Jay! And You can be..."
"Jane?"
"Nooo!!! That's so cliché!! Hm... How about Army?"
"ARMY?!"
"Oops! Amy. I meant Amy."
"Okay. So here's Janie's version for the world to hear - Jay and Amy sitting on a tree. K-i-s..."
"SHUT UP!!!! That's NOT how it is!"
"Oho, so you were thinking of it."
"What?! NO!"
"Admit it."
"No! Ugh! Would you just let me tell the story?!"
"Admit it."
"No!!!! LET ME TELL THE STORY!!!!"
"Hey hey no need to get so loud."
"I'm not loud."
"Well you were loud."
"I. WAS. NOT."
"God! Janie just tell the story."
"If you, Sean, keep quiet."
"Fine."
"And no interruptions."
"Yes because unlike you I have patience."
"Just shut up will you?"
"I'm just telling you the truth."
"Truth or lie, CAN IT."
"Fine Miss Fireworks. I'm waiting for a story. Entertain me."
"Oh! Okay! So. Once upon a time...

Once upon a time, in a humble prosaic town of Everything, lived Micheal.

"I thought it was Jay."
"Hmm. Bear with me. Micheal is someone else."
"I thought you misplaced Jay."
"I didn't misplace anyone. I thought you said you wouldn't interrupt."
"I wasn't interrupting. i was merely inquiring."
"Whatever. So...

Micheal owned what is now called a hotel. Except that this one looked like a dojo (from the outside). With several (4) floors. And was sitting on the stump of a tree which later grew around the dojo and made it look like a growing tree house. He lived there with his crazy friends. I call them crazy because there were upstarts and living life at maximum experiencing everything acutely. 

"Amazing friends."
"Yup...

They were five in all. Micheal, Jay, Amy, Racer (don't ask) and Micheal's mom (who is never seen till the crowd wants food). They lived separately meeting up for games and meals and just the general talking that friends do about everything or nothing in particular. These four always went out and all around the prosaic Everything and even ventured into the surrounding areas, uncharted to most. But usually, they would be lazy and stay in playing games, or feeding and playing with the variety of pets they kept. Now to the cliché part.

"Waiting for the obvious."
"No interruptions.

Amy was the only female in the group other than Micheal's mom (hence forth to be referred as Mom). And of course SOMEBODY atleast would have a crush on her. In this case, it was Jay. Funny thing is, everyone knew it. Mom, Micheal, Racer, and even Amy. Though Jay never did anything to demonstrate his affection towards Amy. The cliché is Amy liked Jay and this, again, everyone knew including Jay. But that was probably because being a frank and open girl, Amy had made her feelings for him clear. Sadly for her, Jay didn't seem anything other than a little shell-shocked at the revelation. He treated her in a caring, concerned brotherly, friendly way as usual and didn't give any response. And that was read as a "no" by Amy. So that was it. No big staring-deeply-into-each-other's-eyes-during-mealtimes or sneaking-a-peek-when-no-one-is-looking or blushing-when-one-accidentally-brushes-against-him/her or...

"Okay okay! I get it!"
"Good. Then.

One day, a new girl appeared seeking lodging. Rhea. She was taken in but wasn't exactly accepted because :
1. spoilt and noisy ( i.e. screeches and shrieks)
2. too good at archery and whip-lashing (their favorite sports)
3. conceited about it
4. complained about everyone especially Amy but never about Jay
5. for some reason had an inexplicable liking towards Jay (probably for the looks and the poor guy's calm temperament and skills)

Needless to say. she wasn't a success. Yet no one complained exactly because... Well she WAS paying for everything. She was filthy rich (no idea how) and splashed money around like she had money growing on trees.NOT surprisingly enough, she got kidnapped. Except no one knew from where she got the money so they couldn't exactly pay the ransom and rescue her (believe me, they looked EVERYWHERE for it). So they took the last resort. They went to save her.

"Yawn. Boooring. They are gonna save her and there will be a happily ever after."
"Aha! And THAT, my friend, is exactly where you are wrong. There isn't a happily ever after."
"Really? I'm skeptic about that."
"Well you don't know the rest yet."
"True."
"Who gets the girl anyway?"
"I thought you said you were patient."
"I say a lot of things. Who asked you to take everything literally applicable to every situation?"
"Who asked you to let me think that everything you say is literally applicable to every situation?"
"Who told you to think that everything I say is literally applicable to every situation?"
"You.  Obviously."
"What? You actually understood that question?"
"Yup. So let's move on."
"And a Grand Rescue, here we come."
"Not that grand. So they set out to find her and rescue her...

*May Not Be Continued*