Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Time To Choose

'You are free to be anything,
Your life's your own,
There's nothing you can't be,
All you need is the soul.'

I've heard this so many times,
Repetitions are not so rare.
Hearing this doesn't help,
Even though I don't really care.

You're writing my story,
Though you tell me to write my own.
Even my thoughts are not completely mine,
But my feelings are my own.

Gods don't need to help,
I can find my own way.
I might get stuck in the dark,
But that's just something to say.

I should get an oscar,
For all the acting I do;
And it's not just me you see,
There are others the same way too.

We're caught in the intersection,
There are so many paths we can choose -
But I want to make my own,
So please don't tell me what to do.

Let us make mistakes,
Let us learn by our hand,
Even if it is just to prove
To ourselves that we can.