Let me be a tree
A warm cup of tea
A gentle breeze
Blowing wherever needed be
Let me be a shadow
May be a shade
Under a yellow brick house
With blue tiles like a sky
A bird soaring high
Above the storm roiling just under
Somewhat wet, yet proud, feathers.
I put away my masks.
Now let me be me.
All the roles you play in a day
All the dice you throw in the game
It's the same for me as is for you
At the end of the day, remove your masks,
Let me see you.
The one I'm still learning,
The one whose touch I crave
When the night is about to turn to day
When nightmares wreck havoc in my brain.
The one I'm still learning,
Who likes 7 heaping spoons of oats
But doesn't pick the amount of milk
Who is committed and aloof
Who doesn't need me at all.
Who picks but never choose.
You pick my masks over me.
You fall in love with a part of me.
I wish you wouldn't though.