It's so easy to lie awake -
Think of the endless chores of the next day,
Become that hamster on the wheel,
Know you're in a cage but still,
Think it's a pretty cage,
So never leave.
It's so easy to lie awake -
Imagine the hard lines of your body
Against the soft curves of mine,
To know that they won't meet,
Then heave a sigh ~
Of regret and relief mingled to tell you
Another goodbye.
It's so easy to lie awake -
Next to strangers on unknown beds,
Hoping to find solace in exhaustion,
It just doesn't come ~
No matter what I do they're not you,
I'm not me either with them...
I'm a fragment of the picture,
A waking dream, a shard of memory,
A pink hope, a black space, a blue drink?
Dark circles under our eyes ,
That crooked smile suggesting a story,
Untold, one that shouldn't be heard,
Yet we tell it to ourselves every night
As you lie awake sleepless on our own.
It's so easy to lie awake.