Thursday, 1 June 2017

Unsung heroes

You will always stay a memory wrought with mixed feelings -
The friend I would love to make yet am scared to,
The one I could one day choose to love because I instantly felt trust,
Instantly felt safe, though I wonder if your vocation has something to do with it;

Defense, front line against another war, you protect and you wear it like a cloak,
An unsung superhero, another face, another memory,
You will always stay a memory wrought with mixed feelings -
Of what might have been, of what I should have said,
Of what might have happened if we could let it,

And always, trust me, you will stay a memory -
Kin and family that I could not know -
Heaven or hell would be where we meet again -
I wish I could have known you more than I know now -
Like a friend and family, but now we could never know.

So you will always stay a memory wrought with mixed feelings
Because there are so many what if-s left still to wonder about.