Thursday, 12 November 2015

What's your name?

I saw you that night,
Black eyes, twinkling,
Like the stars in the sky.
I wanted to ask your name,
But I was too shy.

I saw you again, on the way
To the classroom, in the hall.
That was a morning, a bit indistinct,
I don't quite recall.
I thought of asking your name.

Few glances here and there,
We kept crossing paths yet
Like two strangers who couldn't care
Of what thoughts, unbidden, rise
In a heart caged by life.

I didn't know what to do.
I couldn't care less, but somehow I do,
Because each time I cross you,
I wish to ask your name.
Yet I feel I shouldn't do.

Should one bother over a stranger?
A stranger, intriguing and familiar?
This is a question to you too,
I'm sure even you've had the chance.
That stranger given a second glance.