Monday, 30 November 2015

Morbid curiosity/1

#mc/1

There wasn't any trace left. She had made sure of it. Getting him drunk was a piece of cake. Letting him trip on the knife stand was... Well, let's not go there. None of her clothes were in the place. A note she had written yesterday was safely stuck up on the mirror. Her fingerprints were around of course. As the girlfriend, she was supposed to have it around. But this was just an accident.

Just an accident.

Driving away was the easiest thing to do. She had just killed a man, her own boyfriend. The one her parents thought she was going to marry.

It was not her fault, of course. He led her into it. Who was he to stop her from visiting Florence to do her art research? Saying that she will sleep around... He had slapped her across the face. That bastard.

"Why the hell would you go to Florence? Where is that anyway!?"
"To do my art research, I already told you. The architecture..."
"To hell with the architecture! It's in Italy, ain't it? You planning to sleep around?"
"What! Of course not! Mind your words, I don't like this!"
"You know what? Neither do I. You're living under my roof and what I say goes. And you are not going."
"That's not for you to decide!"
*slap*
"Said something sweetheart?"
"I said I'm going."
*slap*
"You're not. Shut up."
*silence*

Leading him into his own murder had been...interesting. All these months of keeping quiet as he kept trying to tie her down, control her, possess her...

No other girl would be bothered again. Standing in the airport line, she didn't even feel remorse. Was she supposed to? The hunting had felt very...satisfying for some reason. But maybe not again. It's not like there are so many bastards to kill, is it?

Flight cancelled. Maybe the gods were telling her to stay and that her calling was somewhere else. She just wanted to try once more to get the curiosity out. Just once more.

- continued.