Tuesday, 31 December 2013

The Music In Me

I saw him happy then I saw him fall ; now I wait and watch him grow ~~~

There is fire in his eyes. Dexterity in his fingers. But this stands out, the expressions from his music. His music. His very own. I'd give anything to be that good but without passion or talent, technical advancement in music is a waste as far as I am concerned.
So much passion. So much heat. I couldn't even think.
I wasn't hearing the music.
That brash sound claiming confidence yet listening I think I hear something else.
Freedom, doubts, willingness.... Happiness.
Was that same in him? ~~~

What will they think? Will this be okay? But I said so and now I have to. Well let's do it then...
This this and that yes come yes go no higher no be soft yes no croon plead yes yes brave be brave yes brave free so free...
It's over.
  - Which level are you at? Have you completed any music examinations?
  - No, but you see I... I... No, I haven't.
  - Thank you. Next?
What was that about? It's music whether I have learnt before or not and no matter what exam! He is unfair. Hasn't he been always to me? No, no, I must not think like that. He is a good musician himself I suppose. He will see I hope...
  - Jacob!!! That was so AMAZING!!
  - Haha, thank you... But that was really nothing. Believe me.
  - No dude, that was awesome. YOU believe ME. You're so going to win this thing.
  - I hope and God willing, maybe if I am deserving.
  - You are DEFINITELY deserving.
  - Haha that is kind of you to say. Thank you.
  - Always so formal?
  - Che! I am not formal.
  - Of course you are not.
The rolling eyes, the demeanor, the positive attitude of these people... Does this mean I can? Ok, I know I can... But this means so much to me... To be recognized would be... Well. Plenty of time yet. This might only be a beginning.