Friday, 13 December 2013

The Mask Seller

Words will come easy, as easy they say As putting on a mask and looking each way, Faces hidden, identity obscured Nothing is known except the words that are told
A carnival passed by, coloring the streets All shades of red and yellow, blue, purple and green A mask seller stood to the side, his wares near end A little girl came by, hoping he’d, to her, one lend
Vendor, vendor, show me please All these masks you have lined up so neat. Which do you want child? They are all so cheap. The cheapest you have mister, I can’t afford the best. Few can sweetheart, but the cheapest will be on your face 10 years hence, you’ll find truth in what I say. But I don’t have a mask mister, How will I join and play? Keep this child, and remember what I say The best one is the one now – The one not covering your heart and face.