That girl ~
To cut a long winded, understandable-to-none-except-the-people-involved story short, they made up. She admitted to her mistakes but stayed staunch on her reasons while He admitted to His and stayed staunch on His reasons. They agreed to disagree and the night was not further discussed except for one small detail. He argued, begged and prayed that she not see her familiar stranger alone again. After a while, she agreed.
"The magic would last forever. What I found there, I won't find elsewhere love", she sighed. "What did you find?", He asked but with a small break in His voice afraid the answer would be something He could never give her or bring her. She replied after a quiet pause.
"Joy in life" ~~~
He cut the call and let her sleep. She was tired out with her impromptu night trip and had nearly slept off with the phone clutched to her ear. He smiled. Anamika. Everything washed over Him. He too had had a sleepless night but now His eyes were shut. Anamika.
The first time they met barely giving each other a look. Later embarking on a quiet friendship which turned out to bring happiness to Him like a wildflower forever in bloom. His wildflower. How she had been there for Him every time and He, for her. How surprised He was at her asking Him out. He was nothing much special in His eyes, but whenever He saw her looking at Him... The quiet happiness and silent love in her surrounded Him, giving Him hope to move on even in the dark when did not know to where He was going. She had made Him feel special, worthy, trusted and most importantly loved. She was beautiful in His eyes, flawless, perfect. Every time He saw her, He couldn't help but be surprised that this stunning work of nature had chosen Him. She was breathtaking, her smile took Him to places He had never been, warming away every sliver of cold. There were no secrets between them. All His mistakes, His faults, she accepted it without judging and all His finer points, she praised honestly and made a note of it. She was always there. Always His. Always coming back to the embrace of His arms... And now He wasn't there. He wasn't there with her in her new life. But he was.
He woke up, heart thudding. Why did she do this to Him? Was it a test? He unlocked his phone and found two unread messages.
I am not sorry for what I did but I AM sorry that you were hurt by me. I felt confined, held too close. I love you. I mean that. I won't leave you till you kick me out ;) till then I guess you are stuck with me. I'm glad we are okay now. I miss you too sweetheart, but trust me to take care of myself here ok? I won't get into any trouble and I won't see him alone again, I promise. After all we've been through... Come to me soon, please? We can stay together some weekend when you are free. WAKE UP sleepyhead!!! I wish you were here... ~ Anamika
He smiled, relief and contentment spreading over His strong,dark features. He pressed Reply. I'll try, ok?, He texted back. Then He opened the next one.
Count the days. She won't be yours much longer. ~ Sender Unknown
He went back to her text and typed in a new message and sent, I'm coming tomorrow, can I stay the week or longer? If so I wanna bring my work.
Anamika's reply came the next minute.
OMG YES!!!!!!! When your first message came, I thought you were busy. At what time will you reach? ~ Anamika
I'll surprise you :)
OMG OMG :D you are coming! I can't wait. I have to leave now, work. Be safe please. ~ Anamika
Yes, you too love :)
He sat up on his bed and smiled at the picture of Anamika and Himself sitting on his table. "You are safe with me, Ana. How I miss you...", His voice trailed off as He traced her face in the picture. He opened the top drawer and pulled out a small box. He had been planning to surprise her at her place next weekend but no harm in going and staying with her the week before that. He opened the unknown sender's text again. Unknown to His phone but not Him. He hit Reply. Satisfied seeing the delivery report, He set about His normal day and made plans to leave. Anamika. His sweet, daring Ana.
They'll be together soon ~~~
I don't think so ~ Sender Unknown
He woke up late and found that one message waiting for him. The sender wasn't unknown to him though. It was the guy whom Anamika wouldn't let go off or even think of betraying, her boyfriend. No messages from her or even a missed call. She couldn't have disregarded him that easily. He knew she cared for him, maybe even liked him and after all, she had trusted him to keep her safe that night, to go on that harebrained trip. But how could he even dream of her when this "boyfriend" of hers who wasn't even around was in the way? He opened the gallery in his phone and stared for a while at her picture. There was nothing remarkable about her face or features. He couldn't understand his feelings. They had just met a month back and there was no reason for her to even send a message. Then why that anger in him like he had been betrayed?
But there had been something between them that night. He suddenly caught himself wishing he was the reason her eyes had that special light in them and not someone else. He wanted to explore the intimacy they had found unexpectedly. Maybe he could get her to change her mind. Suddenly his phone beeped.
Thank you for a wonderful trip. It was amazing :) but I won't be here any more after two weeks. I got my scholarship and leave to go. It was nice knowing you. Goodbye and take care of yourself. ~ Anamika
He stared hard at the phone for a few seconds. Anger and an overwhelming surge of sadness took over him by surprise. He threw the phone. The screen cracked and glass dust glittered on the wooden floor. "Damn you", he whispered and shut his eyes, "I never wanted to fall in love."
-the end-