Sunday, 17 February 2013

To Valentine


You are more to me than you'll ever know
My onetime love, onetime soul
Now my best friend for as much as long
You're more than you think you'll ever know.

Face so sweet, smile endearing
A selfless heart and care and thinking
That you don't deserve much when you really do
I say I know because I see you.

There is more to your life and the person you are
You're not your mistakes or mishaps, after all
These don't make you, the one you are
Beautiful, dark - that mind so fond.

If I had one wish for you today,
Not just because it's Valentine's day,
I'd wish you'd have my eyes to see
Just how beautiful you are to me.

Words fail me, I am unable to express
That gratitude, the feelings, the emotion like this
That is why that is my wish for you
For you to see you, in the light you hold true.

And finally, three words.
I love you.