Saturday, 25 August 2012

Just Plain Disturbing

I look around
Nobody's there.
It's just me in here -
Me and my thoughts.
Is it possible,
That there might be
Another here
Whose presence is just uncaught?
I feel as though
I'm watched from behind -
A fleeting touch or two.

I shiver and shudder.
Chills run down my spine.
Is someone walking over my grave?
I still feel it.
A gentle touch, a loving(?) stare.
Why? Who is this?
I have no dead lover
Nor family now.
In fact I doubt either's
Very existence right now.

Then who IS this?
An ungodly presence
Awake, alive
And not in my dreams.
Are you someone
Far ahead in time?
That we're yet to meet?
Or have we made acquaintance
And just not have been so free?

Either way,
Whoever you are,
Stop it, stop following me.
Or come face-to-face,
'Cause this really disturbs me.