Everyday or another
Someone's there to bother,
Telling me what to do,
Telling me what to choose.
Here I am a princess
Locked up in her tower,
No flowing golden locks
Or secret charming lover.
I am told everyday
That the way is always this,
That even if I choose my way
It'll always come back to this.
Here I am a princess
Yearning to be free,
To go places and be somewhere
With someone I am me.
.
Duties, days, responsibilities
There seems to be no change
They call me a man and don't see me as one
'Cause I am their puppet pulled by strings
I am a king
Stuck to my throne,
No affairs or flings
From my seat of thorns.
For everyday
It is someone new
To point out my way
That I may never choose.
I am a king,
I fight to be me
And to find someone someday
With whom I am me.
.
Years pass, scenes change
My way always stays the same
Let it cross with someone else
So I may find strength as myself.
A beauty I saw
On the side one day,
Simplistic yet with such eyes
That took my breath away.
Strong, gentle, commanding and fierce
He spoke to me like a king
And yet I wish to see him again,
See if my heart stops fluttering.
I see now
Someone like me,
Do I dare now
To be just me?
Chains broken, glasses shattered
Love has come like a fine feather
Neatly penning in new lines
Drawing us close, one and combined;
Now we find strength
To follow our dreams,
To go all the length
Of what we think life maybe
In all the ways
Even if death do us part -
For us, to us, we will be
True to ourselves, forever to see.