When I was small,
I never thought
There would come a day
When I would say,
'I don't believe in God'.
I never thought
Not even yesterday
That today I'd regret
My words of last day.
A moment back
I never thought
That the next moment I'd go
From a princess to a pauper.
I never thought -
Things could go so wrong,
That time will feel so long,
That my heart would break
And tears would spill,
Over one little mistake.
Not even once,
Not in eighteen years,
Except now have I thought
No, have finally found out,
That even sweet precious love
Would go one day
And flee from me like a dove...
I never thought
There would come a day
When I would say,
'I don't believe in God'.
I never thought
Not even yesterday
That today I'd regret
My words of last day.
A moment back
I never thought
That the next moment I'd go
From a princess to a pauper.
I never thought -
Things could go so wrong,
That time will feel so long,
That my heart would break
And tears would spill,
Over one little mistake.
Not even once,
Not in eighteen years,
Except now have I thought
No, have finally found out,
That even sweet precious love
Would go one day
And flee from me like a dove...