You're like a kaleidoscope.
A beautiful multitude of colours,
Many glass pieces joined together
In beautiful symmetry
And you knew each bit -
But I don't think you were so happy.
So happy, as you can be now.
I know you miss yourself,
I know you miss the optimistic
Idiotic, sensitive, naive little child
That annoyed the socks off me
No matter how much I adore you.
You're still a kaleidoscope.
A beautiful kaleidoscope with
Newer pieces and older pieces slightly cracked,
A newer version with a modern(?)
Outlook and out-look...
Not broken really but remade maybe,
Evolved like Martians took you
To Mars and experimented on you
Instead of Venusians taking you
And the wrong spaceship
Went the right way.
Seemingly when you're on the phone
Right now and I'm wondering
Why you can't realise that words
Are pointless here and
I need you as much as
You need me and
I love you. Period.
Kaleidoscope or no kaleidoscope.