Monday, 30 May 2016

"I"

I am not ready.
I'm not ready for your questions -
I don't have answers to those,
I already know it but
I truly do not know.

I am not ready.
I am no longer as strong as
I used to be,
I am no longer that person that
I used to be.

I am not ready.
I am not ready for a yes,
I am not ready for a no,
I am revolving in maybe-s,
I do not, honestly, have a clue.

I am not ready.
I am not going to tell you that
I was a Venusian princess or that
I was adopted or that
I was someone.

I am not ready, not yet.
I am not someone,
I could be anyone,
I could your angel or
I could be your nightmare.

I could be your promise or
I could be your regret,
I could be a mother, a daughter or
I could be another face to forget.
I could be anything.

I am not, but, ready, as of yet.