Monday, 30 May 2016

Give me a million words

Give me a million words
and you'll still find me lost
and clueless
and helpless when I
look upon your face in the morning sunlight at 6am
and realise that I am in love
yet again for the umpteenth time
and that I can't fathom
how much I feel for you
and sometimes I think I shouldn't try to measure it
at all
and I should just feel

Feel your arm curling around me and pulling me
close like I am the answer to
all your questions and the only reason
you find worth keeping
next to you
day
after day
after day
without a change
and I do believe that
it was with Beau Taplin
and his lines that I got to thinking
how fleeting feelings are and yet
we keep thinking of finding ways
to immortalise it
and capture those feelings
but then again I do believe
(again)
that I was only supposed to feel

Feel your steady breathing against my neck and
get comforted back into the lull of easy dreaming
with an arm thrown around you
like I'm afraid each moment that you
might change your mind
seeing all my bruises
black red and blue and decide
that I am a chameleon and
not really all that beautiful as
you think I am and then you might just
really change your mind
but I think I should be calming down and
just feeling what I

Feel when I see your eyes
molten gold in the morning sunlight
streaming into the room with dust motes
dancing hallelujah that I found
that one man who might just stay
and grow along
right next to me
and tell me everyday that
he loves me
even with my moods
and ends
and bits
and pieces
and weird laughs
and looks
and bookworming
nature and I can only

Feel
and feel some more because
I don't have words to capture those and
make a definition of how this is exactly supposed to be
when each day becomes my new favourite day
with you

My god and I am your worship.