Wednesday, 25 August 2021

Untitled #35 - Descent

- A descent.

I wish you didn't know sometimes -
That I'm picking myself up piece by piece
Only to fall apart again at your feet,
That I'm trying very hard to forgive my past
But how do I forgive myself for each cut,
Each wound, each bruise,
I look at my shoulder and expect more in my sleep,
You know very well that it's not you,
It's entirely on me.

I wish you didn't know sometimes -
That I find it very hard to breathe,
That I feel like death might be a solution,
Or maybe an escape, I don't know really,
All I know is I'm so tired of trying each day,
Making myself get out of bed,
Even when I know I've lost my way,
I find it so hard to just live some days.
And you know very well, it's entirely on me.

Everyday feels like a punishment -
I don't even know why my tears are falling.
Every day feels like a punishment -
I start to wonder why I'm bothering.
Each moment feels like a knife pulling across my neck,
Moments of sanity being tested and tested again,
I would like to say that I'm a string pulled taut,
But you know very well the truth.
That I've already broke and lost.