Tuesday, 1 May 2018

Stay howsoever

Vandana Sreekumar:
So here I am, wide awake,
Dreaming of sleeping as peacefully
Yet insomnia is my secret lover
And in the dark he grabs me,
Teases my mind and excites my body,
Keeps me awake with tales of sweet nothings,
Leaves me bewildered in the sunny morning.
I look at your face, let me say hi,
Let me touch you, caress you,
Be the one who makes you sigh,
But here I am, wide awake,
Dreaming of when I'll confess the truth,
I come to you finally complete,
I regret nothing in my past,
My future is mine to decide and have,
And I figure your picture as a permanent hanging
Solitary, on my wall of memories.
You may just be the only memory of keep fondly
Even if you choose to walk away,
You have many reasons to,
And I am no one to stop you once you decide,
The way I feel for you, my love,
I consider it my burden alone,
If you do not feel the same,
If you choose not to our of you choose to stop,
I cannot be blamed for only just
Being me and loving you the only ways I know how.
So here I am,
I come to you complete,
Few cracks filled with gold,
My repair making me an artwork of scars on my own,
So here I am, waiting for your answer,
Will you please stay with me, howsoever?
Because I think I might just love you forever.