A shot of whiskey free flowing -
So much that you get bored,
That you don't feel the need to put in effort
Then you wonder why I left other men before.
A quick light in a fast night
Too fast that you feel the need to be alone,
That you don't feel the need to share a bed
Because vulnerability was never a part of life before.
Another shot, another light, our hands touch,
Fingers collide with skin,
Yours undo my bra clasp, getting further with every touch -
Boy, a woman's body is never yours,
Till you've truly touched her soul.
You can be either my hearth or a hotel room,
You do not learn the vagaries of my mind with distance,
You do not learn a person in space and in this space,
But if I might lose by being near, I'd rather be far.
I've tasted cities different from yours,
I'm sure, so have you, from mine,
Our ideas of love are so different,
Even when our bodies intertwine.