Monday, 4 December 2017

Not the one

You're in my dreams since a young age,
You're the fairy prince who doesn't save my day,
You're every sexual fantasy come alive,
You've been the unwitting star in every love note,
You're, you cannot be him.

Cannot be the one who breaks down my walls,
Cannot be the one who makes my day with a hug,
Cannot be the one who touches me in ways I never knew,
Cannot be the object of my love,
He cannot be you.

You do not exist. You're perfection on a page,
An axiom that cannot be, someone I'll never
Touch.
He exists when the sun shines, flawed bronze skin.
Every single theory proven wrong, the one I could
Hold.

My mind balks at the memories untouched,
The defenses are thrown up once again,
My body craves a touch it does not know,
It caves when his touch is all I want to feel -
It's so easy to give my body, who cares for thoughts?

Neither of you.