It's so easy to lie with a smile on your face -
You could be crying inside.
Screaming.
Bruises all over your skin,
In places the sunlight never sees.
You could be shouting at the world to
Please.
Stop.
Please.
But they can't hear you,
Can't see you,
It's so very easy to lie with a smile on your face.
It's not like anyone really cares anyway!
"How was your day?"
"How are you?"
(I'm broken like stained glass on the church floor.
I'm breaking my skin to let the evil out.
I'm imagining black blood ooze out.
Rotten, stinking, something not human.
I'm screaming or I want to scream.
To beg the monsters not to take me in my dreams.
I'm so tired of running and running
On a treadmill when the road,
It's right next to me?
But I can't get off.
I'm trying to make out the words you're saying,
It should make sense but it's alien.
Everyone is alien.
I don't belong.
Someone please set me free.
Let me go home.
Go home? Where?
Snap back to reality.)
"Did I just freeze you out there?
Oh I'm sorry.
I just didn't hear you clearly.
Yes of course I'm fine.
Everything is fine."
I'm smiling.
I maybe lying.
It's not too late for me
At least not yet.
And start believing my own lies as well.