Sunday, 1 October 2017

One step from her touch

You are one step away from touching me.
I am one step away from reaching you.
Step back.
Step back if you want to.
You're just one step away
And I am still here,
A little away from your eager hands,
One step away.

Baby, I have truly lost the desire to lead,
I would rather learn to trust this time,
And maybe be led to hell or blissful oblivion.
You are one step away from touching me.
I am one step away from reaching you.
Step back,
Step back if you want to.

I will not take centre stage right now.
There are days this will change,
I might turn into a lioness, wild and fierce,
Roaring at the world, maybe I am,
But I'd much rather purr under your fingers,
Caressing my back, pushing me back,
Leading me of my own will to hell or secret bliss.

You are one step away from touching me.
I am one step away from reaching you.
Do you want to take that step?
If this is all just about sex,
If this is all just about
Two bodies meeting in tandem
Creating music only they can dance to,
I will take that one step to you.
But if you wish to be more,
A partner in crime to rob the bank,
To set off bombs or to assassinate a man,
I shall remain just where I am
And wait.

You are just one step away from touching me.
I see your hands are eager.
Why don't you come and get me?