Tuesday, 8 August 2017

Another little love letter

Dear you,
So I have a lot of skeletons in my closet. You came really close to pulling it open yesterday. I fought and screamed and kicked, pushing you away from those demons.
I asked you not to touch that door. Not to bring out those memories so that you wouldn't need to see me struggle with my demons. Then you told me it's ok, that we all have demons, that you're not scared of mine.
I said ok. I trusted you. I let them out one by one. It wasn't as scary for me anymore with you there. Then I noticed you properly and saw the fear you were trying to hide. A fear of me and what I am, this other side of me where you have no control or real say... This why I asked you to leave me be and leave my skeletons be.
Because when they begin their macabre dance, all hell breaks loose in my mind. No one and nothing survives, especially not you and me, especially not us.
It slipped my mind that you had skeletons of your own which I had never truly seen. You were ashamed of it, struggling against it, pushing it into the farthest corner of your mind. I don't know if this is advisable or not, but the worst of you works with the worst of me.
Even if our bests are in two unrelated arenas fending for themselves, the other guards the home while one is away. And when the night falls and the demons come out to play, ours keep each other company.
If this is not love and harmony, I don't know what is. I guess what I'm trying to say is,
I love you.
From me.