You asked why I said yes to you.
Why when I don't know.
I don't know how the sky turns grey
From bright blue at the arrival
Of a winter storm, but its beauty
Takes my breath away.
I don't know how the waves come
Again and again and again till
The shore is all worn out but
Is still there, just under the water.
Why when I don't know how
You can see me and smile apne aap,
And call me beautiful and turn me
Into melted bones and warm sharir,
And how all my flaws are not flaws
In your eyes where they are just accepted
As another part of me deserving love.
Why when I see you everyday and find
Humour, courage, sympathy and kindness
And so much love for humanity reflected
At almost every soul you come across,
And how you find happiness in even the
Smallest of things that many have forgotten
To do, and how you tell me pyaar karta hu.
I said yes before I discovered all these because
I suppose my heart knew before
My mind found out that I love you
Like you love, long before we knew.