Thursday, 9 April 2015

I don't have words

I don't have words.
I don't have the words to explain
This emptiness inside my chest,
Where I feel I lack something essential,
When I can't be around you yet need you,
So much that watching you walk away,
It's like this perverse action where I find relief
That you chose not to stay, not to hold me,
Not to try to understand the wordlessness.
Yet I wish you would have stayed.
I wish you would have stayed and held me,
Comforted me, tried to understand this wordless sadness
Where I'm connected and one with the universe
And its grief engulfs me into a black hole
Where I'm drowning.
I'm drowning my love.
You see that, I know you do,
Yet you still choose to walk away
After a few moments of coaxing me.
I need your patience but I can't ask,
Not that.
I need your kindness but I can't ask,
Not that.
I need to know you love me and that I'm not alone,
But I would never dare ask,
Not that.
In front of you, I'm unable to explain.
I just don't have the words.
I don't have words.