Infinite thoughts stream,
Minds wander together in dreams -
I caught a petal yesterday,
It remained fresh till I died today.
This dream showed what is was to be,
A teacher, a student and a parent I believe ;
It is all part of the roles I play,
Though such tears never came my way :
I saw the lost flower in the park,
One bright yellow with a red center part.
It stood alone, caught between stones -
(I wondered, was that me all alone)
And other flowers stood a little way,
Watching, hovering bigger than this little fey,
It seemed after a while,
I floated over my tile ;
A yellow fey with red wings,
Pretty, quite ravishing,
Stood apart from the other feys,
Shunned and shut out more that May,
No expression passed that face,
A mild curiosity was all that laced
That tiny face, a child it seemed,
Underneath delicate exterior, a stone unseen ;
This fey wandered away,
Ignoring the others' calls,
Ignoring the stares and glares,
Ignoring all but for whom she cared ;
I saw the flower again,
Slowly drooping down,
This fey wandered past her,
And made one sound,
A high piercing wail
Of a violin that lost scale,
The flower fell away,
I saw the fey fall dead same way -
All lives I saw,
It whizzed past me again ;
Infinite thoughts stream,
Minds wander together in dreams.
I know which petal I caught that day,
I know why it withered away.