Time slowing when you speak,
Haunting me while I sleep,
Is it true or is it weak -
Something not meant to be?
Or something as sure as rain,
With thunder and lightning, a break,
All monotony of life seems another game,
Emotion overrides and becomes pure,
That day, it seemed a cure.
Till I saw that other face,
Someone stronger, more beautiful, still fake,
A better game but where I am prey,
Not the victor, not today,
Incessant hope that steamed the heart -
Broken down, crumbled as true iron to rust,
Broken pieces now, lying in the dust,
No more wishing, praying for a second glimpse,
No more asking, no more hints,
That day, it was the cure.
Back to chains and new born games,
Back to counting stars again,
Walking through old memory lanes,
Now one of those forgotten ways,
Where you swear never to tread again -
All vows forgotten that one eve,
Where another sight was burnt to live,
Forever in memories, new to old,
The one sight I chanced to behold,
That day, I was the cure.
A life looked back on now,
Comical to think,
That once there was a fool who believed,
Love is worth more than trusting deep,
That love gave you what you could keep -
A lie beheld, a lie seen through,
No more failing or falling too,
Now trust is kept and love thought blind,
Waiting for the one seemed apt that time,
But that day, I found a cure.
No more waiting or running blind,
Stuck feet in the sand though waves may try,
No more steps into the deep,
Heart can ask, but will mind believe?
Since that day, a cure.