Sunday, 14 October 2012

Lies I Keep For You

Why didn't I tell you?
I say then,
I didn't want to worry you.

'You fell down,
Hurt your knee.
Why didn't you tell us? '
'It's not a problem.
It's just a cut.'
'You're not well.
Why don't you tell us? '
'It didn't seem that much important.'

This is what I say then.
Then when I try to be your good girl,
Who is not armed with her pen.
Who starts to cry with a death wish
For the pain that she's having.

Pain she feels
When her body's not her own.
Pain she feels
When there is nowhere to go.
Pain she feels
When she knows you won't listen.
Pain she feels
When she knows there's no more to know.

At the wrong time,
You ask the right things
For which I can only give
Wrong answers.
The lies I keep for you.

Wrong answers.
My small white lies
Don't hurt you nor I.
But like snakes in the grass
Eventually will be seen
Screamed at, then killed
For the things they've been.

But it won't stop
If it starts
This dam once broken
Won't be held back.

These lies I keep for you,
They'll have to be kept
Till you ask the right questions
At the right time.