Saturday, 8 June 2019

Untitled #19 - Musings

'A new year, a new start'
That's what everyone thinks,
But with the second year almost up
I'm grateful we've stayed.

I'm grateful for your existence
And how you're the thunder to my storm,
I'm comforted with the thought
At the end of the day, you'd be home.

It's funny how you're still persistent
About tucking me into your armpit
(That too without a bath after baDminTon)
And how my olfactory senses don't care;

I'm amazed we're still a "cuddly-sleepy" couple
And that you're still my muse and flare,
And with every birthday of yours that passes by
I hope we're only reminded of growing love;

Because right now, alone on our bed,
My eyes miss the outline of your figure in bed,
My ears miss the sound of your laugh,
My skin misses the scratch-scratch of your body,
My arms miss holding you and my leg misses yours
(She likes being on top)

And the whole bed, the room,
The entire apartment -
They all seem so empty;
It's no longer home without you.

A birthday dedication to someone special.